Check-in opens at 3 pm June 29. On July 6 we have the ending ceremony before lunch. Lunch is served at 2:30 pm.
A welcome letter with more detailed information about the festival will be sent out to all festival participants. Below is some general information.
International Course & Festival Center
Ängsbacka is an international course and festival center with participants, workshop leaders and volunteers from all over the world. Therefore please note that the main language during the festivals often is English but some of the workshops can be in a different language, for instance Swedish or Norwegian.
- The festival ticket includes camping at Ängsbackas beautiful green camping field, which is located in direct connection to the festival area. Bring your own tent and don´t forget to bring equipment suitable for the warm as well as the cold and rainy summer day.
- At an additional fee there are sometimes beds to rent indoors at the festival area; in double room, 4-6 bed room and dormitory. For availability see the tab ”Price and booking”.
- We place men and woman separately unless you haven´t booked a whole room. Please bring earplugs if you are sound sensitive – the sound can sometimes be quite loud in the festival area. All our accommodations are hostel standard with shared shower and toilet. Please bring your own sheets and towels. You might want to bring an extra towel for the sauna or swimming.
- You can rent a space for your camper or caravan during the festival, a few with electricity available. Book well in advance!
- It is also possible to rent private accommodation in the nearby village of Molkom. Most accommodations are located at walking distance (1-1,5 km) to Ängsbacka. Please contact us if you are interested and we´ll send you a list with contact-information of the people who let out rooms, apartments, houses and campers/caravans.
The festival ticket includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. At Ängsbacka we offer a vegetarian diet prepared with love. We use locally produced and organic products to a large extent. If you let us know in connection with your reservation, we will arrange vegan diet (same if lactose intolerant) or gluten and nut-free food for you. For practical reasons we can´t meet needs from other allergies or diets during festivals.
The Cafe & The Shop
- The Cafe is a cozy and comfortable meeting place for new friendships and deep conversation over a latte or a mild herbal tea. You can also buy organic bakery, delicious sandwiches and healthy drinks. The atmosphere often get lively during Open Stage where you can take the opportunity to share a song, poem or just improvise.
- In the Clear Life Shop you will find health products and organic body care, relaxing music, books, different clothes, organic incense, unique jewelry, yoga mats and more.
- Money. For cash withdrawals, there is a vending machine (ATM) at the grocery store in Molkom community, about 1.5 miles from Ängsbacka.
- Walking. A good idea is to bring coarser walking shoes for trails around Ängsbacka. Comfortable indoor shoes/slippers is also good to have.
- Bottle/cup. Don´t forget a water bottle and maybe a take away mug for coffee and tea.
- Sauna. We have a large sauna where you have the possibility to relax in the company of new and old friends – an extra towel is a good idea to bring for that.
Find your way here
It’s easy to find your way to Ängsbacka by car, bus or train. Read more about
how to find your way here.
The environment stays cleaner and carpooling also saves us money. Visit our car-pooling, where you can offer or request a ride to and from Ängsbacka.