Relax into the whole winter holidays at Ängsbacka and get a 20% discount on both the Christmas and New Year’s celebration.
Cozy Christmas Celebration and Winter Solstice
21 – 26 December 2013
What are you longing for this Christmas? Come create and celebrate with us at Ängsbacka in a spirit of profound communion, presence and joy! We got the good food, plenty of time for each other and the opportunity to fully relax into the warmth of the sparkling fireplace. Out there are the magical woods of Värmland…maybe we’ll see Santa Claus come from the trees with his lantern…?
Everyone can join in, big or small. Come just as you are, spiritual or not, happy or not. This Christmas we get the chance to land in ourselves.
Christmas at Ängsbacka 2013 involves a joint creation from all of us. This year we will be coming together to create the activities and workshops that we want. We have several great offerings in store and also invite you to contribute with your own workshop or music if you feel inspired! So without further ado, here are some of the great program offerings we have this year.
Click here for a detailed program schedule of Christmas 2013
Activities & Workshops
- Family Constellation and Constellation as Ceremony – The Way of the Heart, 7 Generation Ceremony, and Love Circle with Anu Azrael
- BioEnergetics – Awakening the Passionate Body with Jeanina Dhara Milehag
- Gurdjieff Sacred Dances and a taste of Craniosacral Touch with Geneviève van Beek
- Winter Solstice Ceremony on Dec 21st with Kamini van Es
- Delicious vegetarian Christmas Feast & exchanging of presents
- Improvisation Theatre with Anna Geiden
- Chakra Singing with Annika
- Afro Dance with Elin
- Hatha Yoga with Andreas
- Contact Improvisation Jam with Magnus Vikström
- Heart Chakra and Breathing Meditation with Anders Åhstrom
- Intention Circle with Eliot
- …and more to come!
We have many great activities planned for us to enjoy together. Join us for cutting and decorating the Christmas tree, baking delicious gingerbread cookies, sledge riding down the snowy slopes, group singing with hot chocolate & glögg, dance night in the upper barn, and Kalle Anka and a hilarious Christmas movie in the café! For more detailed information about all the workshops and activities, please see the Program page.
Of course, we also meet in a daily sharing group where we can connect and express ourselves freely. If you feel like relaxing, you can always choose to go on forest walks, silent sitting in the Strawbale House, or enjoy the toasty sauna! Bring a present for Christmas Eve, something you already have at home, buy second-hand or maybe a fruit tree to a family in Cambodia…
This is how the day will look like during the Christmas celebration:
- 7:00-8:00 Breathing Meditation
- 8:00-9:00 Morning practice ( Hatha yoga, etc.)
- 9:15-10:00 Morning Meeting
- 10:00-11:30 Brunch
- 11:30-12:00 Silent Sitting
- 12:00-14:00 Activity / Workshop
- 15:00-16:00 Sharing + café is open
- 16:00-18:00 Activity / Workshop
- 18:00-19:30 Dinner
- 20:00- Evening Program
- 19.00-24.00 The café is open, serving until 22:00
If you have music or a workshop you would like to share with the rest of us, feel free to do so! Email email@example.com with your offerings and questions ASAP since the schedule is filling up fast! Choose to come as a participant or volunteer, we all gather around the same vegetarian Christmas dinner and drink our fill on Christmas non-alcoholic joy.
Sign up now to be sure to get your ticket and accommodation of choice, as in the winter months we have limited space and it is first come, first served.
Welcome home to a truly Merry Christmas!