23-29 July 2017
Welcome to Swedens biggest Yoga Festival
6 days of relaxation and replenishment for Body & Soul
Come and enjoy experienced teachers, uplifting music, delicious vegetarian food and beautiful Swedish nature. Connect with your body’s own intelligence, discover new ways of finding optimal alignment and enhance your natural fitness and life energy.
The festival in known for its warm and soulful community spirit, and has a rich program also for youth and children.
The Daily Program
It’s up to you to practice your yoga in the way that you want. Soft and still, powerful and challenging or meditative out in the beautiful forest.. the choice is yours. Your festival day may look like this:
Curious about how the Swedens biggest Yoga Festival really looks like? Click here!
At Ängsbacka you get to enjoy a really nice holiday for body, mind and heart. Here you can meet friends for life thanks to the lovely community atmosphere that you soon find yourself immersed in.
The Yoga Festival begins with the beautiful welcome ceremony. During the ceremony, we get to enjoy the festival’s musicians and sing mantras to land in the space, creating an radiant energetic field for the days to come.
Many different Yoga Styles
Curious what a Yoga Festival really looks like?
Check out pictures and video from the last year’s festivals to see for yourself!
Lin Ananda Holmquist
Program coordinator for Yoga Festival 2017
E-mail: yogafestival (at) angsbacka.se
Festival Theme 2017
Relax ໑ Restore ໑ Retreat
This year’s yoga festival is about pausing, relaxing and returning to your inner truth – your yoga! We invited a lot of inspiring yoga teachers who have all chosen their own path, fulfilling their own truth. Yoga teachers who all share the experience of life as something simple and good!
Existing without effort, a life in flow. The new trend in yoga is returning to Patanjali’s words of stirham suham – to practice yoga effortlessly. When we allow ourselves to do so, we let go of tensions, worries and demands, and we find a deep peace and new strength within ourselves.
Returning to Source. To the essence of being. With every breath, we have the possibility to let go of demands and embrace our very core. When doing so, we access an enormous power and an inexhaustible source of life.
A place for stillness and recovery, which, in an ever-faster spinning world, is exactly what we need right now. Pause – take a conscious breath – and just allow yourself to be.
The yoga mat is a place for being with yourself in all that you are – your body, your mind and your resistances. The yoga class offers a moment of presence and acceptance that will bring you more energy and lust for life.
You create your own retreat by choosing the yoga classes that suit you and your level throughout the day.
Ängsbacka Yogafestival 2017
- Jaccopo Ceccarelli – Anukalana Yoga
- Sky Akasha Tobias & Sanna Akasha Tobias – Sama Yoga
- Marcus Berg – Concert
- Klas Landahl – Kundalini Yoga
- Prema Mayi & Gaur Groover – Bhakti Yoga
- Boris Acro & Nina Bella – Acro Yoga
- Alexandra Born – Jivamukti Yoga
- Mia Hozona – Dance & Yoga
- Joan Pasqual Fontana – Soft Yoga
- Govind – Satsang, Yoga
- Angelica Nanda Schäfer – Free move
- Jojo Norell – Running Yoga
- Clara Nestor & Ransher Kaur – Kundalini Yoga
- Ana Mostögl – Trauma Therapy & Yoga
- Elin Sandberg – Medi yoga, Ashtanga & Flow
- Ledung Huang – Sound Healing
- Frida Dahlgren – Music
- Elin Freyschuss & David Chandrakai – Bhajan
- Jenny Sharada – Puja, philosofy
- Hanna Winters – Yoga
- …and more to come
Presentations more in detail
We are pleased to present the workshop leaders and musicians who come and share their gifts during the festival. The list will be updated and replenished as and there may also be changes in the program, so remember to check back for updates.
Embodied Voice Activation
The Embodied Voice Activation helps us remember the empowered sacred creator beings that we are, embodying spontaneity, joy, creativity and trust.
AcroYoga, Handstands, Thai Massage, Kirtan
Moving my body consciously is my way to express and celebrate life.
KundaliniYoga, Sadhana, Gong
"You have to understand the process of healing in the Age of Aquarius. What will give the healing is the flow of your soul energy " Yogi Bhajan
Circus skills, play space and wondering Fool
Vinyasa Yoga, Yin Yoga, Soft Morning Yoga, MediYoga
"Yoga is powerful medicine"
"The creator has not made any photo copies. Each individual is unique. In the same way each person needs different tools and guidance"
Awareness for body, breath and mind.
Live with pleasure and not with pressure.
Kundalini Yoga, Meditation, Mantra music
"We are not human beings having a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings having a human experience."
-Pierre Teilhard de Chardin
Kundalini Shakti Yoga, Tantra & Satsang Circle
There needs to be a love revolution - NOW - and it starts with YOU!
Optimising Movement and Gravity
Follow your Heart, Life takes care of the Rest.........................
Kundalini Yoga, The Yoga of Breath, Breathwork, Pranayama, Mudras & Bhandas
Let the beauty of what you love be what you do.
AcroYoga, Family AcroYoga, Kirtan
Bhakti Yoga A Journey To The Heart
"Love is the principle in the center, which is the only fulfillment of all existence" Srila Shridhar M.
- Yamas & Niyamas in the light of Advaita Vedanta
- Inner child & the Unconscious
Vedanta Teaching, Rituals, Mantras and Devi Circles (sacred gatherings for women)
One has to see the beauty of Prayer. Here, the will willingly submits. The submission performs the miracle. - Swami Dayananda
"You don't exist. Only life exists in its tremendous forms. Energy in its millions of delights." Osho
More profiles are added regularly, please check back later for a more complete list.
Kundaliniyoga sadhana music
Medicine devotional music
More profiles are added regularly, please check back later for a more complete list.
Price & booking
We have REDUCED offer until 31 May.
DISCOUNTS – 2017
Tickets can be paid online by card, by bank transfer or with the mobile app Swish.
We encourage you to pay by bank transfer (from Sweden or EU) or Swish in order for us to avoid the transaction fees imposed on card payments.
If you have problems paying by card (for example due to limited allowance), please contact us for a manual payment link.
While booking you will get further instructions. After booking your ticket, you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
1) Credit/Debit Card
Pay online using your card of choice.
2) Swish (A mobile app – Swedish bank account needed)
Transfer the amount from your Swich Account to Ängsbacka: 123 538 12 56.
Important! Please write what event you are paying for (and your name if you are paying with someone else’s account).
3) Bank Transfer
Deposit payment to Ängsbacka’s Bankgiro account 5038-7448
Swift address: NDEASESS
IBAN: SE63 9500 0099 6026 4418 5510
The adress of the bank: Nordea, Smålandsgatan 17, 105 71 Stockholm
Account name: Ängsbacka Kursgård AB
Important! Please write what event you are paying for, (and your name if you are paying with someone else’s account).
If you use SWISH or BANK TRANSFER, please pay directly – or at the latest the same day you book – otherwise your booking will not be valid and your place at the event not guaranteed.
In case of cancellation latest one month before the event starts, the cancellation fee is 350 SEK per person. Children and youth (up to 18 years old) pay half this fee. Within one month and until the event starts, the fee is 15% of the total value of your booking. The maximum cancellation fee for one person/booking is 900 SEK.
Please note that when cancelling closer than two weeks before the event starts, a doctor’s confirmation of your inability to participate is required. Refunds will not be made if you cancel after the event has started.
If Ängsbacka would cancel the event, all payments will be refunded.
NOTE that it may take up to one month before you have the refunded amount on your account.
As part of our communication with our customers, we may keep in touch with you who have participated in our courses and festivals by mailing or emailing:
– thank you letters and evaluation surveys
– offerings to sign up for mailing lists in a similar area of interest
– information about similar future events or events with the same workshop leaders.
We also have a general monthly e-mail newsletter where we tell about what is going on at Ängsbacka, upcoming events etc. You can opt in and out of our newsletter at any time.
If you have questions regarding the booking, payment, cancellation, our communication policy etc, please contact us:
Phone: +46 55 31 00 35. (Monday to Friday 10.00 – 13.00)
Come as a volunteer
Yoga Festival – Volunteer camp
Dates: 21-30 July
Price: 2600 SEK
Click here to see ALL Camp dates and prices – VOLUNTEERING Summer 2017 If you combine two or more camps you will receive a discount on the volunteer fee.
Summer volunteering at Ängsbacka
As a festival volunteer you come to participate in our festivals and in exchange, you offer your time and energy to serve the festival in one of our working groups.
As an exchange for your contribution, you receive our festival ticket at a discounted price; three beautiful, vegetarian meals a day and a bed in one of the dormitories or tents on the festival campsite.
Please note that the camps have limited spots and might get full.
Application for Summer Camps 2017 are now open.
Join our Facebook group
Welcome to join the volunteer group on Facebook: Volunteer @ Ängsbacka.
Here Ängsbacka publish info etc, as well as volunteers share good memories, nostalgic pictures and offers/requests about co-traveling etc.
Warmly welcome to Ängsbacka as a volunteer this summer!
Arrival and Departure
Arrival Day – Sunday 23 July
More information will come closer to the festival.
- The café open round 15.00
- Check-in is between 15.00-19.30
- First workshop starts at 16.30
- Dinner is server 18.30-19.30
- Welcome Ceremony startsida at 20.00
Departure Day – saturday 29 July
- Closing Ceremony ende at 13.00
- The café is open until about 16:00
A welcome letter with more detailed information about the festival will be sent out to all festival participants. Below is some general information.
International Course & Festival Center
Ängsbacka is an international course and festival center with participants, workshop leaders and volunteers from all over the world. Therefore please note that the main language during the festivals often is English but some of the workshops can be in a different language, for instance Swedish or Norwegian.
- The festival ticket includes camping at Ängsbacka’s beautiful green camping field, which is located in direct connection to the festival area. Bring your own tent and don´t forget to bring equipment suitable for the warm as well as the cold and for a rainy summer day.
- At an additional fee there are sometimes beds to rent indoors at the festival area; in double room, 4-6 bed room and dormitory. For availability see the tab “Price and booking”.
- We place men and women separately unless you have booked a whole room. Please bring earplugs if you are sound sensitive – the sound can sometimes be quite loud in the festival area. All our accommodations are hostel standard with shared shower and toilet.
- Please bring your own sheets and towels. You might want to bring an extra towel for the sauna or swimming.
- You can rent a space for your camper or caravan during the festival, without electricity. Book well in advance!
- It is also possible to rent private accommodation in the nearby village of Molkom. Most accommodations are located at walking distance (1-1,5 km) to Ängsbacka. Please contact us if you are interested and we’ll send you a list with contact-information of the people who let out rooms, apartments, houses and campers/caravans.
The festival ticket includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. At Ängsbacka we offer a vegetarian diet prepared with love. We use locally produced and organic products to a large extent. If you let us know in connection with your reservation, we will arrange vegan diet (same if lactose intolerant) or gluten and nut-free food for you. For practical reasons we can´t meet needs from other allergies or diets during festivals.
The Cafe & The Shop
- The Cafe is a cozy and comfortable meeting place for new friendships and deep conversation over a latte or a mild herbal tea. You can also buy organic bakery, delicious sandwiches and healthy drinks. The atmosphere often get lively during Open Stage where you can take the opportunity to share a song, poem or just improvise.
- In the Ängsbacka Shop you will find health products and organic body care, relaxing music, books, different clothes, organic incense, unique jewelry, yoga mats and more.
- Money. For cash withdrawals, there is a vending machine (ATM) at the grocery store in Molkom community, about 1.5 miles from Ängsbacka.
- Walking. A good idea is to bring coarser walking shoes for trails around Ängsbacka. Comfortable indoor shoes/slippers is also good to have.
- Bottle/cup. Don´t forget a water bottle and maybe a take away mug for coffee and tea.
- Sauna. We have a large sauna where you have the possibility to relax in the company of new and old friends – an extra towel is a good idea to bring for that.
No Alcohol or Drugs
Please note that Ängsbacka is a Alcohol and Drug Free place. We dont serve alcohol, and it is not allowed to drink or to be under influence of alcohol or other subtstances when you are at Ängsbacka.
Find your way here
It’s easy to find your way to Ängsbacka by train and bus or by car. Read more about how to find your way here.
We are partnering with carpooling service GoMore. Enter ‘Molkom’ as your destination.