23-29 July 2017
We have an early bird offer until 15 March
Welcome to Swedens biggest Yoga Festival
6 days of relaxation and replenishment for Body & Soul
The Yoga Festival at Ängsbacka Kursgård was created for the first time in 2008. It is an international event for yoga enthusiasts of all levels and traditions.
We have interesting workshops for both new and experienced practitioners. Our most experienced teachers take you into new yoga experiences where you connect with your body’s own intelligence, discovering new ways of finding optimal alignment, enhancing your natural fitness and aliveness.
There is also a program for children. And delicious yogic vegetarian food!
The Daily Program
It’s up to you to practice your yoga in the way that you want. Soft and still, powerful and challenging or meditative out in the beautiful forest.. the choice is yours. Your festival day may look like this:
At Ängsbacka you get to enjoy a really nice holiday for body, mind and heart. Here you can meet friends for life thanks to the lovely community atmosphere that you soon find yourself immersed in.
The Yoga Festival begins with the beautiful welcome ceremony. During the ceremony, we get to enjoy the festival’s musicians and sing mantras to land in the space, creating an radiant energetic field for the days to come.
Se videon från festivalen 2015
Curious what a Yoga Festival really looks like?
Check out pictures and video from last year’s festival to see for yourself!
Lin Ananda Holmquist
Program coordinator for Yoga Festival 2016
E-mail: yogafestival (at) angsbacka.se
Festival Theme 2017
Relax ໑ Restore ໑ Retreat
This year’s yoga festival is about pausing, relaxing and returning to your inner truth – your yoga! We invited a lot of inspiring yoga teachers who have all chosen their own path, fulfilling their own truth. Yoga teachers who all share the experience of life as something simple and good!
Existing without effort, a life in flow. The new trend in yoga is returning to Patanjali’s words of stirham suham – to practice yoga effortlessly. When we allow ourselves to do so, we let go of tensions, worries and demands, and we find a deep peace and new strength within ourselves.
Returning to Source. To the essence of being. With every breath, we have the possibility to let go of demands and embrace our very core. When doing so, we access an enormous power and an inexhaustible source of life.
A place for stillness and recovery, which, in an ever-faster spinning world, is exactly what we need right now. Pause – take a conscious breath – and just allow yourself to be.
The yoga mat is a place for being with yourself in all that you are – your body, your mind and your resistances. The yoga class offers a moment of presence and acceptance that will bring you more energy and lust for life.
You create your own retreat by choosing the yoga classes that suit you and your level throughout the day.
Ängsbacka Yogafestival 2017
- Jaccopo Ceccarelli – Anukalana Yoga
- Sky Akasha Tobias & Sanna Akasha Tobias – Sama Yoga
- Marcus Berg
- Klas Landahl – Kundalini Yoga & Meditation
- Prema Mayi – Bhakti and Kirtan
- Boris Acro & Nina Bella – Acro Yoga
- Alexandra Born – Jivamukti Yoga
- Mia Hozona – Dance & Yoga
- Joan Pasqual Fontana – Soft Yoga
- Govind – Satsang, Yoga
- Angelica Nanda Schäfer – Free move
- Jojo Norell – Running Yoga
- Clara Nestor & Ransher Kaur – Kundalini Yoga
- Ana Mostögl – Soft Yoga
- Elin Sandberg – Morning Yoga
- Ledung Huang – Sound Healing
- Frida Dahlgren – Music
- Elin Freyschuss & David Chandrakai
- Jenny Sharada
- Gaur Groover
- Hanna Winters
- …and more to come
Presentations more in detail
Let us present the workshop leaders and musicians that will be sharing their gifts during the festival.
Please note: The list is not yet complete and will eventually be updated. Also there may be changes in the program.
KundaliniYoga, Sadhana, Gong
I mitten på 90-talet mötte Clara KundaliniYogan och yogamästare Yogi Bhajan.
Han sa till henne att bli väl-certifierad och att ”Du kan bli så stor (i ditt liv) som du vill, så länge du fokuserar all din energi”
Hennes motto har därefter varit att sprida KundaliniYogan till vem som helst villig att pröva. Speciellt människor med utmaningar. - Om jag kunde förändras och påverkas så djupt och kraftfullt -så kan vem som helst!
Genom åren har Clara haft förmånen att studera för fantastiska lärare som Guru Dass Kaur, Guru Rattana Kaur, Guru Dharam Singh, Gurmukh Kaur and Sada Sat Singh and Kaur.
Hon har drivit två yogastudior i Göteborg och Köpenhamn.
Idag reser hon och tränar andra i våra Nordiska länder att bli lärare i KundaliniYoga i kombination med arbete som Samtalsterapeut.
"You have to understand the process of healing in the Age of Aquarius. What will give the healing is the flow of your soul energy " Yogi Bhajan
Awareness for body, breath and mind.
Joan had over 20 years experience on the yoga field and lives since a young age, an alternative life style with nature. Mountains and ocean has been his home and soul friend. He has developed a great deal of intuition, feeling, and knowledge about energies, body structure and human behaviour.
Yoga with Joan is an expression of the moment, is an invitation to flow with pleasure, opening us to a space for reflection, peace and fulfillment.
A space to feel and connect, to be relaxed and passionate, to be open.
Joan-yoga is based on the teachings and fundamentals learned with A.G. Mohan, Indra and Ganesh; Svastha yoga.
Insides and inspirations to grow your practice.
Also have in service a variety of body work sessions, as Relaxing massage, Deep tissue, Thai massage and Manual therapy.
Live with pleasure and not with pressure.
Bhakti Yoga A Journey To The Heart
Prema Mayi Chilean by birth has been immersed in the practice of bhakti yoga since the age of twelve.
She grew up in ashrams following the strict practice of bhakti. She studied the Vedic arts and developed a great love and appreciation for kirtan ( ancient chants, sacred sound vibration)
She spent many years in India with her spiritual master Srila Bhaktivedanta Narayan M. deepening in her practice and relishing the ancient traditions.
Discovering the power and healing of kirtan she now travels around the world with her son Gaur sharing a transformational heart opening experience.
"Love is the principle in the center, which is the only fulfillment of all existence" Srila Shridhar M.
More profiles are added regularly, please check back later for a more complete list.
Ledsen, men vi kan inte hitta några användare som matchar dina sökkriterier.
More profiles are added regularly, please check back later for a more complete list.
Price & booking
We have early bird offer until 15 March
Tickets can be paid online by card, by bank transfer or with the mobile app Swish.
We encourage you to pay by bank transfer (from Sweden or EU) or Swish in order for us to avoid the transaction fees imposed on card payments.
If you have problems paying by card (for example due to limited allowance), please contact us for a manual payment link.
While booking you will get further instructions. After booking your ticket, you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
1) Credit/Debit Card
Pay online using your card of choice.
2) Swish (A mobile app – Swedish bank account needed)
Transfer the amount from your Swich Account to Ängsbacka: 123 538 12 56.
Important! Please write what event you are paying for (and your name if you are paying with someone else’s account).
3) Bank Transfer
Deposit payment to Ängsbacka’s Bankgiro account 5038-7448
Swift address: NDEASESS
IBAN: SE63 9500 0099 6026 4418 5510
Important! Please write what event you are paying for, (and your name if you are paying with someone else’s account).
If you use SWISH or BANK TRANSFER, please pay directly – or at the latest the same day you book – otherwise your booking will not be valid and your place at the event not guaranteed.
In case of cancellation latest one month before the event starts, the cancellation fee is 350 SEK per person. After that, and until the event starts, the fee is 15% of the total value of your booking. Children and youth (up to 18 years old) pay half this fee. The fee we charge on a cancelled ticket is capped at 900 SEK.
Please note that when cancelling sooner than two weeks before the event starts, a doctor’s confirmation of your inability to participate is required. Refunds can take up to a month to go through. Refunds can not be made after the event has started.
If Ängsbacka would cancel the event, all payments will be refunded.
As part of our communication with our customers, we may keep in touch with you who have participated in our courses and festivals by mailing or emailing:
– thank you letters and evaluation surveys
– offerings to sign up for mailing lists in a similar area of interest
– information about similar future events or events with the same workshop leaders.
We also have a general monthly e-mail newsletter where we tell about what is going on at Ängsbacka, upcoming events etc. You can opt in and out of our newsletter at any time.
If you have questions regarding the booking, payment, cancellation, our communication policy etc, please contact us:
Phone: +46 55 31 00 35. (Monday to Friday 10.00 – 13.00)
Come as a volunteer
What does it mean to be a festival volunteer at Ängsbacka?
As a festival volunteer you come to participate in our festivals and in exchange, you offer your time and energy to serve the festival in one of our working groups. As an exchange for your contribution, you receive our festival ticket at a discounted price; three beautiful, vegetarian meals a day and a bed in one of the dormitories or tents on the festival campsite.
Festival Volunteer Camp Dates 2016
- Yoga Festival Volunteer: Wed 20 July – Sat 30 July 2016
Fee: 2400 SEK.
- Tantra Festival Volunteer: Sun 31 July – Mon 8 August 2016
Fee: 1950 SEK.
If you combine two or more camps you will receive a discount on the volunteer fee.
2 camps = 20% discount.
Application is not open.
Arrival and Departure
Arrival Day – Sunday 23 July
More information will come closer to the festival.
- Check-in ….
- First workshop starts ….
- Dinner ….
- Welcome Ceremony ….
Departure Day – Friday 29 July
More information will come closer to the festival.
A welcome letter with more detailed information about the festival will be sent out to all festival participants. Below is some general information.
International Course & Festival Center
Ängsbacka is an international course and festival center with participants, workshop leaders and volunteers from all over the world. Therefore please note that the main language during the festivals often is English but some of the workshops can be in a different language, for instance Swedish or Norwegian.
- The festival ticket includes camping at Ängsbacka’s beautiful green camping field, which is located in direct connection to the festival area. Bring your own tent and don´t forget to bring equipment suitable for the warm as well as the cold and for a rainy summer day.
- At an additional fee there are sometimes beds to rent indoors at the festival area; in double room, 4-6 bed room and dormitory. For availability see the tab “Price and booking”.
- We place men and women separately unless you have booked a whole room. Please bring earplugs if you are sound sensitive – the sound can sometimes be quite loud in the festival area. All our accommodations are hostel standard with shared shower and toilet.
- Please bring your own sheets and towels. You might want to bring an extra towel for the sauna or swimming.
- You can rent a space for your camper or caravan during the festival, without electricity. Book well in advance!
- It is also possible to rent private accommodation in the nearby village of Molkom. Most accommodations are located at walking distance (1-1,5 km) to Ängsbacka. Please contact us if you are interested and we’ll send you a list with contact-information of the people who let out rooms, apartments, houses and campers/caravans.
The festival ticket includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. At Ängsbacka we offer a vegetarian diet prepared with love. We use locally produced and organic products to a large extent. If you let us know in connection with your reservation, we will arrange vegan diet (same if lactose intolerant) or gluten and nut-free food for you. For practical reasons we can´t meet needs from other allergies or diets during festivals.
The Cafe & The Shop
- The Cafe is a cozy and comfortable meeting place for new friendships and deep conversation over a latte or a mild herbal tea. You can also buy organic bakery, delicious sandwiches and healthy drinks. The atmosphere often get lively during Open Stage where you can take the opportunity to share a song, poem or just improvise.
- In the Ängsbacka Shop you will find health products and organic body care, relaxing music, books, different clothes, organic incense, unique jewelry, yoga mats and more.
- Money. For cash withdrawals, there is a vending machine (ATM) at the grocery store in Molkom community, about 1.5 miles from Ängsbacka.
- Walking. A good idea is to bring coarser walking shoes for trails around Ängsbacka. Comfortable indoor shoes/slippers is also good to have.
- Bottle/cup. Don´t forget a water bottle and maybe a take away mug for coffee and tea.
- Sauna. We have a large sauna where you have the possibility to relax in the company of new and old friends – an extra towel is a good idea to bring for that.
No Alcohol or Drugs
Please note that Ängsbacka is a Alcohol and Drug Free place. We dont serve alcohol, and it is not allowed to drink or to be under influence of alcohol or other subtstances when you are at Ängsbacka.
Find your way here
It’s easy to find your way to Ängsbacka by car, bus or train. Read more about
how to find your way here.
We are partnering with carpooling service GoMore. Enter ‘Molkom’ as your destination.
Click in one picture to open gallery on Flickr
Yoga Festival 2016
Yoga Festival 2015
Below is a collection of videos from the recent years. You will also find all Ängsbackas videos on our Youtube Channel.
See more photos and videos from other festivals at Ängsbacka.