Yoga Festival 2016
All is within
Yoga Festival 2016 – 23-29 juli – All is within
An extraordinary 6-day experience!
The Ängsbacka Yoga Festival invites you to share your passion for yoga, dance, movement, meditation, music and healthy food with like-minded people from all over the world. There is a lovely feeling of togetherness that quickly manifests, whether you come alone or with the whole family.
The festival is an international event for yoga enthusiasts of all levels and traditions. Both young and old, beginners and advanced yogis come to the Yoga Festival to enjoy yoga, meditation and dance. It is a melting pot between Eastern and Western culture where you will get to meet swamis from India, urban yogis from vibrant metropolitan studios and the silent embrace of the lush nature and forest. The festival is a place for dance, music, and healthy food for all the senses. And for authentic meetings, especially with yourself.
Yoga allows you to connect with your body’s own intelligence, discover new ways of finding your optimal alignment and enhance your natural fitness and vitality. This year’s theme acknowledges that All is within — we have everything we need inside ourselves already — and that it is up to us to get in contact with our deeper essence to allow our innate gifts and talents to be expressed and shared with the world.
Yoga for everyone
We welcome all levels of experience to the festival. Last year about 500 people participated, ranging from yoga teachers, advanced yogis, beginners, children and those who have never even been on a yoga mat before. The idea of the Yoga Festival is that you create your own retreat, choose your own yoga sessions and practice yoga in the way that fits you best in the moment.
Beginner’s classes give a gentle introduction to easy yoga while strong dynamic yoga classes challenge the more experienced practitioners. Acro Yoga offers fun and supportive ways to experience yoga with others, while children’s yoga gets the young ones involved. There is something for everyone.
Complementing the yoga are an assortment of dance, philosophy lectures, concerts and massage workshops. In the evenings, you can relax in the sauna or sing out your soul in one of our mantra workshops.
Teachers who come to the Yoga Festival are among some of Europe’s leaders in yoga. We do our best to ensure a high quality selection of international top-class teachers, who really embody their practice and share something truly special with the participants.
Some of this year’s teachers at the 2016 festival:
- Jaccopo Ceccarelli – Anukalana Yoga
- Tanja Ottesen – Jivamukti Yoga
- Linda Rae Holcomb – Detox Yoga & Nutrition 101
- Simon Borg-Olivier – Yoga Synergy
- Swami Gurusharanananda – Swakriya Yoga, Concerts
- Ullis Karlsson – Holistic Hormone Yoga for women
- Markus Atmananda – Satsang & Meditation
- Annki Warberg & Klas Landahl – Kundalini Yoga & Meditation
- Lin Holmquist – Yoga Flow, Classic Hatha, YoDaMo
- Beta Lisboa – Yin Yoga
- Simon Calder – Myofascial Daoyin
- Prema Mayi – Bhakti and Kirtan
- Boris Acro & Nina Bella – Acro Yoga
- Tim Jago – Celtic sweatlodges
- Prateeksha Katarina Thundal – 5Rhythms® Dance
- Prashant Tewatia – Iyengar Yoga and Qi Gong
- Mia Dandanell Jensen – Jivamukti Yoga
- …and more on the full list!
See all the workshop leaders and musicians here. The list will be updated continuously.
Loads of music
Music is an important part of the festival program. This year we proudly welcome the soft and powerful multi-musician Prema Mayi, the ecstatic Swamis from India and the charismatic Vasudev, among many others! You are welcome to bring your own instrument or your voice and be a part of Ängsbacka’s spontaneous “yoga orchestra.”
Curious what a Yoga Festival really looks like?
Check out pictures and video from last year’s festival to see for yourself!
Families are most welcome!
The festival offers a daily Kid’s Camp with fun things to do for children and teens who can participate without their parents; song, music, dance, creative activities, excursions in the forest, sports, games, yoga and more. The Kid’s Camp will be open from 11-18.30 so parents can enjoy workshops and sharing.
Kid´s Camp is like a daycare service (for children 4 years or older) so that you as a parent can feel free to go to workshops alone, but if your child doesn´t want to be alone in the camp you are also welcome to join. Take the opportunity to really play around with your kids, practicing yoga/union together. The area around Ängsbacka is safe and lovely for kids to explore.
All participants are divided into groups of 5-7 people, which we call a sharing group. Every day for an hour we meet in our own sharing group. It’s like a kind of festival family, a safe and holding space, where we can feel connected internally and with each other. Here we can integrate experiences by putting words to them without being interrupted and by accepting the presence of the others in the group. This is a good place to land, a grounding place to come to every day. And a place where friendships for life are born.
Yogic diet for a perfect yoga experience
For you to get the most out of the festival, we offer you yogic vegetarian food from passionate chefs who care about your well-being. They have picked the finest lettuce and veggies in the garden for you to enjoy as is or with exciting stews, soups and raw food dishes that makes both your body and your taste buds vibrate with pleasure. The yogic food provides lots of energy, without being too heavy. Vegan alternatives will also be available during mealtimes.
If you’re longing for a tasty sandwich or delicious baked goods or raw treats you are welcome to the Ängsbacka Café! The cafe offers a cozy and comfortable place for encounters with new and old friends and the opportunity to just relax. Enjoy a cafe latte or mild herbal tea or choose from a variety of organic pastries, fruits and nutritious smoothies. The café is definitely an Ängsbacka highlight!
The participants are offered a variety of massage, energy work, counseling and coaching from selected professional therapists. You book and pay for your session in cash on-site at Ängsbacka, in the information tent, before you receive your treatment session. The coordinator and the session-givers in the Healing Circle will be presented at one of the morning meetings at the beginning of the festival.
The daily program
Your festival day may look like this:
- 05:30 am Kundalini Yoga Aquarian Sadhana with live music
- 07:00 am Meditation or Morning Yoga (Ashtanga Yoga, Kundalini Yoga, Hatha Yoga)
- 08:30 am A hearty breakfast of porridge, smoothies, fruit and herbal teas
- 10:30 am Morning Meeting and Communal guided meditation for world peace
- 11:00 am Workshop (Jivamukti yoga, Anusara Yoga, Meditation, Dance,)
- 01:00 pm Lunch – the day’s main meal of the day – vegetarian
- 03:00 pm Sharing
in small groups
- 04:15 pm Lecture or workshop (Restorative Classes, Kundalini yoga, Pooja, Relaxation, Yoga Philosophy)
- 06:30 pm Dinner – a light evening meal of soup, vegetable stir-fries etc
- 08:30 pm Concerts, Bhajans, Gong Meditation, Dance and Evening Entertainment
Then it’s up to you to practice your yoga in the way that you want. Soft and still, powerful and challenging or meditative out in the beautiful forest: the choice is yours.
The Yoga Festival begins with the beautiful welcome ceremony. Take with you a symbol that you think symbolizes yourself and the journey you are on right now for the ceremony. During the ceremony, we get to enjoy the festival’s musicians and sing mantras to land in the space, creating an radiant energetic field for the days to come.
Lin Ananda Holmquist
Program coordinator for Yoga Festival 2016
E-mail: yogafestival (at) angsbacka.se
Are you curious about how yoga changed Lins life? Read the article on our blog!
Practical Information 2016
Arrival and Departure
Arrival Day – Saturday 23 July
- Check-in: 15.00 – 19.00
- First workshop: 16.30
- Dinner: 18.30 – 19.30
- Welcome Ceremony: 20.00
Departure Day – Friday 29 July
- Closing Ceremony ends at 12.00, and then snack/fika is served
From Wednesday afternoon until Thursday morning we will celebrate silence at the festival. Parents with children will of course use spoken language, but its also fun to play the “silent game” together.
At Ängsbacka Yoga Festival we will open the space with a white-dressed ceremony. You are welcome to dress in white or light clothes for the opening ceremony at 20.00 on Saturday the 18th of July.
A welcome letter with more detailed information about the festival will be sent out to all festival participants. Below is some general information.
International Course & Festival Center
Ängsbacka is an international course and festival center with participants, workshop leaders and volunteers from all over the world. Therefore please note that the main language during the festivals often is English but some of the workshops can be in a different language, for instance Swedish or Norwegian.
- The festival ticket includes camping at Ängsbacka’s beautiful green camping field, which is located in direct connection to the festival area. Bring your own tent and don´t forget to bring equipment suitable for the warm as well as the cold and for a rainy summer day.
- At an additional fee there are sometimes beds to rent indoors at the festival area; in double room, 4-6 bed room and dormitory. For availability see the tab “Price and booking”.
- We place men and women separately unless you have booked a whole room. Please bring earplugs if you are sound sensitive – the sound can sometimes be quite loud in the festival area. All our accommodations are hostel standard with shared shower and toilet.
- Please bring your own sheets and towels. You might want to bring an extra towel for the sauna or swimming.
- You can rent a space for your camper or caravan during the festival, without electricity. Book well in advance!
- It is also possible to rent private accommodation in the nearby village of Molkom. Most accommodations are located at walking distance (1-1,5 km) to Ängsbacka. Please contact us if you are interested and we’ll send you a list with contact-information of the people who let out rooms, apartments, houses and campers/caravans.
The festival ticket includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. At Ängsbacka we offer a vegetarian diet prepared with love. We use locally produced and organic products to a large extent. If you let us know in connection with your reservation, we will arrange vegan diet (same if lactose intolerant) or gluten and nut-free food for you. For practical reasons we can´t meet needs from other allergies or diets during festivals.
The Cafe & The Shop
- The Cafe is a cozy and comfortable meeting place for new friendships and deep conversation over a latte or a mild herbal tea. You can also buy organic bakery, delicious sandwiches and healthy drinks. The atmosphere often get lively during Open Stage where you can take the opportunity to share a song, poem or just improvise.
- In the Ängsbacka Shop you will find health products and organic body care, relaxing music, books, different clothes, organic incense, unique jewelry, yoga mats and more.
- Money. For cash withdrawals, there is a vending machine (ATM) at the grocery store in Molkom community, about 1.5 miles from Ängsbacka.
- Walking. A good idea is to bring coarser walking shoes for trails around Ängsbacka. Comfortable indoor shoes/slippers is also good to have.
- Bottle/cup. Don´t forget a water bottle and maybe a take away mug for coffee and tea.
- Sauna. We have a large sauna where you have the possibility to relax in the company of new and old friends – an extra towel is a good idea to bring for that.
No Alcohol or Drugs
Please note that Ängsbacka is a Alcohol and Drug Free place. We dont serve alcohol, and it is not allowed to drink or to be under influence of alcohol or other subtstances when you are at Ängsbacka.
Find your way here
It’s easy to find your way to Ängsbacka by car, bus or train. Read more about
how to find your way here.
We are partnering with carpooling service GoMore. Enter ‘Molkom’ as your destination.