24-28 March 2016
Yoga & Dance Easter Festival 2016
~ ReBirth ~
These five days we will create a space of ceremony, to take a journey together, to feel and look into what we want to create and give birth to in our lives.
How can we be more alive, more awake, more conscious? How can we be a part of the solution instead of the problem in these challenging, intense, quickly moving times?
How can we step into the River of Livingness and not be washed away, but swim with the stream, in trust and surrender?
The Invitation is to be fully YOU. To bring all that you are, the light, the shadow, the doubt, the questions and the answers. To explore a new yoga pose and see what it is birthing in your body. To allow yourself to learn something new, but also to relax into your body’s inner knowing when you dance. To find stillness, and also full expression of whatever is present. To meet and see each other in all our different colours, with compassion and acceptance.
What do YOU want to birth in your life?
How about dancing with this question?
How about drawing it?
Sharing it? Dreaming it?
Check out the festival program!
The preliminary festival program is now ready for your viewing pleasure. Click here to view the program. Or you can also download as a PDF. The program will be updated regularly, so you will always see the latest version.
- The journey starts on Thursday with Check-In (from 15:00), Welcome Workshops (from 17:00) and dinner (18:30). In the Welcome Meeting we open the space of ceremony and share the intention of the festival. We meet each other, the musicians and workshop leaders. After the meeting you can choose to stay and shake your body on the dance floor, to relax into the cosiness of the Cafe or the sauna, or to share some healing touch with others.
- On Friday in the morning we offer workshop space for the men and for the women separately, to explore our male/female beingness in Brotherhood and Sisterhood (you will also have an alternative choice of a mixed workshop) to see what it means to “birth” as men – and as women.
- Saturday, as port of the Morning Meeting, we take a journey of Rebirth, after which we enter silence for the day, making space for inner dreaming, reflection and introspection.
- Easter Sunday we call you to share your dream with others, to celebrate Heart, Body, Mind and Soul.
- On Easter Monday we gather again to share with each other the flowers and fruits of our time together.
Activities, rest and sharing
For the early risers there is Morning Sadhana offered to great the Sun in inner silence and with strong healing mantras. You can also choose to awaken your body before breakfast with gentle yoga, a breathing session or other type of movement meditation. Or you can choose to walk straight to the abundance of the Breakfast table.
After Breakfast we all gather to start the day together with singing, laughter, meeting, melting. The Morning Meetings are an essential part of the ceremony of the festival, intended to bring everyone together and not so much to sit and listen to a list of information.
Before and after lunch you can choose between three (or more) workshops of various yoga styles, dance-movement activities or more silent, meditative spaces for exploration and contemplation.
After lunch, every day, you meet your Festival Family, your very own Sharing Circle where you can talk about your experiences and ask for whatever you might need in that moment – in a safely held, loving space of love and attention.
In the evenings you can enjoy the cosiness of the Café, share some loving touch with others, listen to a concert or kick your socks off on the dance floor.
And of course, not to forget – you can savour Ängsbacka’s famously delicious, healthy, heart- and body-warming, eco-local vegetarian food full of love and inspiration!
Welcome to bring the Spring in!
All levels of experience
Yoga Dance Easter awaits You who are curious about Yoga, meditation or movement practices. You who are longing to find a deeper connection with your own body and soul. You who yearn to connect with others in a safely held, open and allowing space of togetherness.
You are welcome if you do Yoga every day, or about to try it for the first time. Welcome if you have your own dance studio, or if you are worried to move when anyone else is present. Welcome if you start all your days with meditation or if you have always wanted to know what it’s about but never really got to try.
And everyone who simply feels called to this journey of loving awareness and conscious practice.
Workshop Leaders 2016
- Åsa Kullberg – Shamanic Sexual Wisdom, Morning Yoga
- Nitya Patrycja Pruchnik – Satsang
- Blake Steele – Pink Tantra, Slow Motion Qi Gong Opening Dance, Men’s Workshop
- Hanna Backman – Vinyasa Flow, Hatha Yoga, Pranayama, Yin Yoga
- Espen Andli – Movement Medicine – Heart and Instinct
- Mia Hozona – Slow Prana Vinyasa®, The Zen of Yin, SoulDance
- Sindre Andreassen – Foundation Training, Chronic Pain Lecture, Four Elements Embodied
- Zoë Ma – Acro Yoga
- Giita Rani – Inner Kingdom Concert
- Hajni Makk – Festival Coordinator, ReBirth Ceremony, Women’s Workshop
- Alva Alvita – Shamanic Heart Movement, Women’s Workshop, Tantric Biodance
- Tomas HV Mørkrid – Storyteller, Gamesmith, Poet
- Fredrik Swahn – Be the Voice, Men’s Workshop
- Gaja Beukers – Shamanic Trance Dance
- Ransher Kaur Jansson – Kundalini Yoga, Gongmaster
- Anne Siri Langelandsvik – MediYoga, Hatha Yoga, Gongmaster
- Martin Siri Jodha – Kundalini Yoga, Gongmaster
- Magnus Vikström & Magnus Skånberg – Contact Impro
See more information about the workshop leaders and musicians here.
Giita Rani is a new voice in the alternative music field and will offer a special concert sharing her music from the Inner Kingdom album. A truly remarkable voice and presence that is sure to touch your heart. Fredrik Swahn, Malin Wik, Sunniva Brynnel, Magnus Vikström and more will be part of the houseband! Look forward to rocking mantras, soothing melodies and sharing many beautiful musical moments together.
The Healing Circle offers personal sessions for bodywork, energy healing, massage, counseling and other forms of therapies/modalities. Information about the sessions will be available during the festival.
Curious what an Easter Festival actually looks like?
See pictures from previous festivals!
A day may look like this:
06.00 – 08.00 Sadhana – Kundalini yoga with live music and chanting
07.00 – 08.15 Morning practice – Meditation, yoga, awakening movement, breathing, nature walk
08.00 – 09.00 Breakfast – with various choices of delicious porridge, fruits, nuts, home-made bread, juice, coffee & herbal tea
10.00 – 11.00 Morning Meeting – stillness, dance and song, ceremony
11.15 – 13.00 Workshops
13.00 – 14.00 Lunch – the main meal of the day with inspiration from many different cuisines
14.15 – 14.45 Gong Bath – relax and unwind in the flowing resonance of these beautiful instruments
15.00 – 16.00 Sharing in our small “families”
16.15 – 18.30 Workshops
18.30 – 19.30 Dinner – A light evening meal of soup, vegetables, wok
20.00 – 21.30 Evening Yoga, Concert, singing, dancing and other inspired-inspiring ways of being together.
All workshops are voluntary. The festival gives you the freedom to choose what you want: to attend a workshop, go for a walk in beautiful spring nature, hang out with friends in the Café or to just rest, “doing nothing”.
The intention with creating this space is to bring us TOGETHER. Whatever we feel, however we are in any given moment – there is a space for us in the bigger collective. We CAN be together even if some of us feel low on energy, full of doubt, or disconnected. We CAN learn to co-exist with all our living colours and be accepted by our environment. We CAN lift each other up!
YOGA. DANCE. EASTER.
Welcome to Yoga Dance Easter 2016
Program Coordinator for Yoga & Dance Easter 2016
E-mail: easterfestival (at) angsbacka.se
” In the depth of winter, the promise of the new spring is already preparing its buds. Soon it is again that time of year. The re-opening of petals, the attempts of tiny sprouts to break the ground and be born again. It is the time of forming a new perspective and of opening up to Light again.
And it is not only because it is “that” time in Nature’s cycle, but because it is happening on a global scale. We are all in the process of Rebirth. Of birthing a new paradigm, a new way to be, with each other, with the planet, with Nature, with our Spirit.”
Price & booking
Yoga & Dance Easter Festival – 13-17 April 2017
Early Bird offer until 15 February!
Tickets can be paid online by card, by bank transfer or with the mobile app Swish.
We encourage you to pay by bank transfer or Swish in order for us to avoid the transaction fees imposed on card payments.
If you have problems paying by card (for example when buying tickets for a whole family and the amount goes over your allowance), then please contact us and we will send you a manual link for payment.
While booking you will get further instructions. After booking your ticket, you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
1) Credit/Debit Card
Pay online using your card of choice.
2) Swish (A mobile app – Swedish bank account needed)
Transfer the amount from your Swich Account to Ängsbacka: 123 538 12 56.
Important! Please write what event you are paying for (and your name if you are paying with someone else’s account).
3) Bank Transfer
Deposit payment to Ängsbacka’s Bankgiro account 5038-7448
Nordea bank account No. 9960 2644185510
Swift address: NDEASESS
IBAN: SE63 9500 0099 6026 4418 5510
Important! Please write what event you are paying for, (and your name if you are paying with someone else’s account).
If you use SWISH or BANK TRANSFER, please pay directly -or at the latest the same day you book- otherwise your booking will not be valid and your place at the event not guaranteed.
In case of cancellation latest one month before the event starts, the cancellation fee is 350 SEK per person. After that, and until the event starts, the fee is 15% of the total value of your booking. Children and youth (up to 18 years old) pay half this fee. The fee we charge on a cancelled ticket is capped at 900 SEK.
Please note that when cancelling sooner than two weeks before the event starts, a doctor’s confirmation of your inability to participate is required. Refunds can take up to a month to go through. Refunds can not be made after the event has started.
If Ängsbacka would cancel the event, all payments will be refunded.
As part of our communication with our customers, we may keep in touch with you who have participated in our courses and festivals by mailing or emailing:
– thank you letters and evaluation surveys
– offerings to sign up for mailing lists in a similar area of interest
– information about similar future events or events with the same workshop leaders.
We also have a general monthly e-mail newsletter where we tell about what is going on at Ängsbacka, upcoming events etc. You can opt in and out of our newsletter at any time.
If you have questions regarding the booking, payment, cancellation, our communication policy etc, please contact us:
Phone: +46 55 31 00 35. (Monday to Friday 10.00 – 13.00)