A welcome letter with more detailed information about the festival will be sent out to all festival participants. Below is some general information.
International Course & Festival Center
Ängsbacka is an international course and festival center with participants , workshop leaders and volunteers from all over the world. Therefore please note that the main language during the festivals often is English but some of the workshops can be in a different language, for instance Swedish or Norwegian.
- The festival ticket includes dormitory. Part in bunk bed, cover and pillow is included. Please bring your own sheets & towels or a sleeping bag. You might want to bring an extra towel for the sauna. You can also rent covers and towel at an additional fee.
- At an additional fee there are often other types of rooms at the festival area; double room or 4-6 bed room. For availability see the tab ”Price and booking”.
- We place men and woman separately unless you haven´t booked a whole room. Please bring earplugs if you are sound sensitive – the sound can sometimes be quite loud in the festival area. All our accommodations are hostel standard with shared shower and toilet.
- You can rent a space for your camper or caravan during the festival, a few with electricity available. Book well in advance!
The festival ticket includes breakfast, lunch and dinner. At Ängsbacka we offer a vegetarian diet prepared with love. We use locally produced and organic products to a large extent. If you let us know in connection with your reservation, we will arrange vegan diet (same if lactose intolerant) or gluten and nut-free food for you. For practical reasons we can´t meet needs from other allergies or diets during festivals.
The Cafe & The Shop
- The Cafe is a cozy and comfortable meeting place for new friendships and deep conversation over a latte or a mild herbal tea. You can also buy organic bakery, delicious sandwiches and healthy drinks.
- In the Ängsbacka Shop you will find health products and organic body care, relaxing music, books, different clothes, organic incense, unique jewelry, yoga mats and more.
- Money. For cash withdrawals, there is a vending machine (ATM) at the grocery store in Molkom community about 1.5 miles from Ängsbacka.
- Walking. A good idea is to bring coarser walking shoes for trails around Ängsbacka and comfortable indoor shoes/slippers.
- Bottle/cup. Don´t forget a water bottle and maybe a take away mug for coffee and tea.
- Sauna. We have a large sauna where you have the possibility to relax in the company of new and old friends – an extra towel is a good idea to bring for that.
No Alcohol or Drugs
Please note that Ängsbacka is a Alcohol and Drug Free place. We dont serve alcohol, and it is not allowed to drink or to be under influence of alcohol or other subtstances when you are at Ängsbacka.
Find your way here
It’s easy to find your way to Ängsbacka by car, bus or train. Read more about
how to find your way here.
We are partnering with carpooling service GoMore. Enter ‘Molkom’ as your destination.